You might be wondering what kinds of HVAC troubles you will encounter as winter approaches. If your HVAC system is not working properly, it can cause several problems. These problems include high energy bills, poor indoor air quality, and uncomfortable living conditions. As a reputable HVAC company in El Centro, CA, Air Comfort Heating & Cooling offers the best air conditioning and heating services. Contact us today at (760) 592-0046. We are happy to serve you.
7 Common HVAC Problems In The Winter
Here are common HVAC problems that occur more often during the winter months. Seven of the most typical HVAC issues are listed below:
- Thermostat Issues: One of the most common HVAC problems in winter is thermostat issues. If your thermostat is not working properly, it can cause your heating and cooling system to operate inefficiently, leading to higher energy bills.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils: Another common issue that can occur during the winter months is frozen evaporator coils. When the temperature outside drops, the air in your home can become very dry, which can cause the evaporator coils in your HVAC system to freeze. If you notice this issue, please contact us immediately for heating repair in El Centro, CA. Ignoring this issue can further damage your heating system.
- Clogged Filters: One of the best ways to keep your HVAC system running smoothly and efficiently is to regularly change or clean the filters. During the winter season, it’s essential to ensure that your filters are clean, as they can easily become clogged with dust and debris.
- Lack Of Maintenance: One of the most common reasons why HVAC systems have problems during winter is that they haven’t been properly maintained. It’s important to have your HVAC system serviced by one of our experienced professionals at least once a year to ensure that it’s running properly and to prevent any issues from occurring.
- Ductwork Issues: Another common issue that can occur with HVAC systems is a damaged or leaking duct. When heating or cooling your home, the air will travel through the ductwork, so if there are any holes or leaks in the duct, it can cause your system to work harder and be less efficient.
- Electrical Issues: Electrical problems can occur with HVAC systems. Any loose wires or electrical components in your HVAC system can cause the system to malfunction and may even lead to a fire.
- Refrigerant Leaks: One of the most severe problems that can occur with HVAC systems is a refrigerant leak. If your system is leaking refrigerant, it can cause several problems. These problems include decreased efficiency, ice buildup on the coils, and even damage to the compressor.
Schedule Your HVAC Service
If you’re having any issues with your heating or cooling system this winter, it’s important to call one of our experienced professionals for help. At Air Comfort Heating & Cooling, we specialize in HVAC repair and maintenance. We can help you get your system back up and running quickly. If you are in El Centro, CA, remember us for air conditioning repair or heating repair. Contact us today at (760) 592-0046!