Heat Pump Maintenance In El Centro, Brawley, Calexico, CA, And The Surrounding Areas.
Regular maintenance is essential for keeping your heat pump working at its best. At Air Comfort Heating & Cooling, we offer maintenance plans to homeowners In El Centro, Brawley, Calexico, CA, and surrounding areas.
Preventative heat pump maintenance will help maintain performance and extend its life expectancy considerably. It saves on energy bills and, in some cases, may even save lives. Contact Us today for Heating Replacement EL Centro, CA and Heat Pump Maintenance In El Centro, Brawley, Calexico, CA, And The Surrounding Areas.
The most common reason for the breakdown of a standard household heating system is the lack of proper preventative maintenance. Unfortunately, many homeowners ignore this important part of homeownership.
What’s included in heat pump maintenance?
There are several components of a heat pump that need to be checked regularly. Our technicians ensure that your entire system is working properly by inspecting these key components:
- Fans and fan motors
- Thermostat settings
- Amps and volts
- Gas pressure
- Refrigerant levels
This service also includes a 20-point safety inspection. We want to ensure that your entire heating system is working in perfect condition, and we provide this service in the most convenient and efficient manner.
The technicians will check the following and more in your home In El Centro, Brawley, Calexico, CA, and surrounding areas:
- Proper airflow throughout your system
- The temperature, humidity, and CO levels within your house before they leave
- For any potential contaminants such as mold or mildew, which can be dangerous for both you and your family’s health
Is it expensive? How much does it cost?
Heat pump maintenance typically costs $99-$149, depending on the size of your unit. This price includes labor, replacement parts (if necessary), and the cost of the chemical treatment required for this type of machinery. Other than replacing or fixing something relatively quickly, heat pumps do not require any other kind of significant expenditures, so you can rest assured knowing that any expenses due to upkeep will be minor.
What if I need a heat pump replacement?
If your unit is past its life expectancy, you may be wondering how much a brand new heating system will cost. The best time to have a new system installed is during the summer months, so you don’t have to deal with extreme weather while we complete your installation.
Typically, installing a brand new four-ton heat pump runs around $1250-$1500, including labor and materials. Contact Air Comfort Heating & Cooling today for heat pump maintenance, tune ups, repair, and replacement In El Centro, Brawley, Calexico, CA, and surrounding areas.
It’s important to have your heat pump on a Maintenance plan with service at least every year. The technician can do the following:
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions
- Diagnose and seal duct leakage
- Verify adequate airflow by measurement
- Verify correct refrigerant charge by measurement
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect electric terminals, and, if necessary, clean and tighten connections, and apply nonconductive coating
- Lubricate motors, and inspect belts for tightness and wear
- Verify correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Verify correct thermostat operation.