Air Filtration: Media Air Cleaners In El Centro, Brawley, Calexico, CA and Surrounding Areas
Like most homeowners, you probably won’t give your air filter much thought. However, it’s an important part of your home comfort system and needs to be cleaned and replaced regularly. Air filters come in various sizes and types, but the most common type is the media air cleaner. Air Comfort Heating & Cooling is proud to offer high-quality media air cleaners and air conditioning services in El Centro, CA. Call us at (760) 592-0046 today!
Media air cleaners help maintain the efficient operation of your central heating and cooling system by reducing airborne particulates that can build up on the surface of the cooling coil.
Types Of Media Air Cleaner
There are three main types of media air cleaners:
- Mechanical filters: Mechanical filters use fiberglass, charcoal, or electronic media to trap particles in the air. The filter media is housed in a cabinet or plenum that is attached to the ductwork of your heating and cooling system. As air passes through the media, the particles are trapped and accumulate on the surface of the filter.
- Electronic air cleaners: Electronic air cleaners use an electronic grid to attract and capture particles in the air. The grid is usually coated with a fine metal powder that attracts the particles. As the grid vibrates, the particles are drawn to it and held there until they are washed off by a cleaning agent.
- Activated carbon filters: Activated carbon filters use activated carbon to trap pollutants in the air. The carbon is usually contained in a cartridge or canister that is installed in the ductwork of your heating and cooling system. As air passes through the carbon, the pollutants are trapped and accumulate on the surface of the filter.
Over time any type of air cleaner requires cleaning. To run complete cleaning processes, you must schedule an air conditioner repair. If you are searching for air conditioner repair in El Centro, CA, or surrounding areas, call us at (760) 592-0046 to schedule a service.
Which Media Air Cleaner Is Right For You?
The type of media you choose for your air cleaner depends on the size of the particles you are trying to remove from the air. For example, if you are primarily concerned with removing dust and pollen from the air, a filter with a high MERV rating would be a suitable choice. An activated carbon filter will be a better option if you are more concerned with removing smoke and other airborne pollutants.
Benefits Of A Media Air Cleaner
- Media air cleaners can provide several benefits for your home, including improved air quality, reduced dust and pollen levels, and reduced smoke and other pollutant levels. Another benefit is having reduced symptoms of allergies and asthma.
- Installing a media air cleaner in your home can also help to reduce energy costs, as they often improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling system.
- A media air cleaner may capture up to 98 percent of airborne particles. These particles carry bacteria, mold spores, and viruses, all of which can cause severe and even fatal infections in people.
Schedule Service With Us
Contact Air Comfort Heating & Cooling today to improve the air quality in your home. We have a variety of air filtration systems available, including media air cleaners, and we can assist you in choosing the most suitable one for your requirements. If you are in El Centro, California, and the surrounding areas, contact us for a media air cleaner replacement or an entire AC replacement. Our technicians are experienced in all kinds of HVAC system replacements.
Call us today to schedule a consultation.